Your cart is currently empty!
How many things can I add to my to-do list?
I have really had to learn how to ask for help over the last two weeks. That realization that I cannot do it on my own creates a physical reaction, almost like itchy skin after rolling around in the grass for too long as a kid. Or an adult. Whatever. The point is that I always feel like I can manage it all on my own and it’s become evident that I cannot.
Tackling the following, small items over the next 6-8 months:
- Wedding – 92 days left to plan and execute (5 months in total)
- NY Marathon – 4 months left to train (5.5 months in total)
- Move to the shore from outside of NYC – COMPLETE!
- Working full time with work travel (lots of quality time at the airport)
- Back to Crossfit post-injury (the first workout back left me sore for 3 days! Thankfully has been better since then. Whew)
- Vacation, weddings, social activities
- Starting my own side venture
- Learning to play guitar (I can read music but my playing needs a LOT of help)
- Scuba Certification
- Find a good community /cause to volunteer (need to be better about giving back)
- At least 30% of my pilot’s license hours (I need 50 hours)
- Maintain healthy living (i.e. cook a lot)
- Plan our honeymoon (I have no clue where we should go ahhhh!)
- Stay sane
I acknowledge I like to take on as much as I can and tend to be more motivated when I have a few “things in the hopper.” I would never actually say this phrase out loud but captures the sentiment well.
So managing my life lately has been a combination of effective tools and taking time to breathe and be easier on myself. A few Mlee Marker recommendations in list form to be called “THE MM LIST.”
THE MM LIST:
- Teux Deux for organizing what needs to be done
- Google Documents for sharing information; I normally use excel
- MyFitnessPal (both app and desktop; I especially love the desktop version)
- Spotify (dead silence isn’t very effective for me) – Experience by Ludovico Einaudi is a really good one
- Reading for marathon motivation: A Race Like No Other: 26.2 Miles through the streets of New York by Liz Robbins
- Reading for mental clarity: Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Vitacost for quest bars and supplements
- What I am listening to: Harder to Kill Podcast